FBLA is hosting a Family Fun Day scheduled for Friday Feb, 13th 10:30 am – 10:00 pm. FBLA will get 10% of all proceeds this day if you mention Soithwest Middle School FBLA or give them a PDQ FAMILY FUN NIGHT flyer. You can order for your family, business, or just go in that day and eat with your family. If you order for your business they will deliver.
Please help FBLA as we have students who have qualified for the State Conference in Orlando. Proceeds will help fund the trip.
The past couple of years have been an outstanding success with our community “Give and Get” event! This year we will do it on Saturday, February 7th and we could use as much help as possible. (We set up on Friday, February 6th after school). It is a very rewarding venture and if you can help out…join in!
If you are new….
- We collect household items, clothing, baby items, appliances in good working condition, furniture, etc. and display them in our cafeteria.
- You can either GIVE items you don’t need any more or you can come GET items you may need.
- SWMS families get “first dibs” on the items from 8 – 9 AM.
- After the first hour, anyone from the community can come pick out items.
- We will be advertising throughout January but in the meantime….DO NOT THROW OUT ANYTHING THAT MIGHT BE OF USE TO ANOTHER FAMILY.
- I will store any items you may have in the back of my classroom (J2) AND I already have a nice collection J.
- Questions? Just ask Jane Van Camp. It’s a SWMS outreach event and lots of fun!
Robotics – Friday – 4:15pm – 5:30pm
Art Club – Friday – 4:10pm – 5:00pm
FBLA – Monday Morning – 8:15pm – 8:45pm (Starting September 8)
Book Club – Monday – 4:15pm – 4:45pm (Starting September 15th)
FCA – Tuesday – 4:15pm – 4:45pm
Math Counts – Tuesdays – 4:15pm – 5:00pm (Starting September 2)
NJHS – Thursday – 4:15pm – 4:45pm
Chess Club- Thursday- 4:10pm -4:45pm (Starting September 25)
Sign Language Club -Wednesdays- 4:15pm-5:00pm
Today your child received a packet with a numerous amount of forms to be filled out and turned in. Please sign and return these forms promptly.
Emergency Contact Form
It is very important that we have the most up to date Emergency Contact Information for your child on file. You can assist us by reviewing and updating this information by using one of the following methods:
- Use Parent portal to make the necessary changes ( not need to return the hard copy back to the school) or
- You can make the necessary changes to the hard copy that was sent home with the student the first day of school and then return it to school. Please use blue or red ink to help assist us in identifying the changes that have been made)
Parents can now access their student’s information from any computer with an internet connection. The My Polk Schools Parent Portal allows parents to check current grades, obtain immunization status, learn if their child had any recorded discipline or attendance issues throughout the day, check their child’s current lunch account balance, and even see what their child purchased in the lunchroom – all before their child comes home from school.